Every now and again on Facebook I post a status titled “Randomness.” This stems from gathering my thoughts for a period of time and wanting to create one status instead of several different ones. I tend to not drive people crazy that way.
This will be a lot like that except bloggy and probably a bit longer.
1. It’s impossible to wear black and blue together without looking like a bruise. The colors look good together but still…every time I see someone wearing that combination I think BRUISE.
2. Politics and George Clooney have no business on Facebook. EXAMPLE: the other day a friend posted an article about George Clooney supporting Obama. My comment was “I’ve never liked Clooney. Never thought he was a good actor, never thought he was sexy. Just don’t like him.” I never said a word about Obama, however; this guy got COMPLETELY bent out of shape and took what I said as an insult to Obama so he started in on me about the President. The next comment was from a woman who said “Clooney is a puke.” Same guy that blasted me, blasted her AND said because she and I used the “coarse word puke” we are part of the reason society is deteriorating AND that we should stop attacking HIM. You see the problem here? A. We never said a word about him, B. We never said a word about Obama, C. We never attached him. All I could do was laugh at him and I did, in writing. My last comment was, “LMAO! Dude, get gripped. You’ve just called me and K. stupid, blamed us for the deterioration of society and accused us of attacking you. Who exactly is attacking who here? You have a nice day and good luck pulling that stick out of your ass!” I later heard he unfriended the girl who made the original post about Clooney. It was quite a scene and after that incident she made me War Queen. No idea what that means but I totally dig the title.
3. A few minutes ago I accidentally burned a hole in my styrofoam cup full of coffee. MESSY.
4. In the past few days, I’ve had several people ask me if I ever sleep. Answer: yes, I do just not well and in spurts. Mostly I nap and it’s been quite a long time since I’ve slept through the night.
5. Yesterday I declared a National Be a Slug Day. I’m going to re-do that declaration today so if you’ve not yet gotten up and dressed, just don’t. Stay in the jammies, grab yourself a big cup of coffee and just SLUG it for the rest of the day. It’s official. I swear.
6. Yesterday, I saw the following photo with this caption:
Is this a mosquito?
No. It’s an insect spy drone for urban areas, already in production, funded by the US Government. It can be remotely controlled and is equipped with a camera and a microphone. It can land on you, and it may have the potential to take a DNA sample or leave RFID tracking nanotechnology on your skin. It can fly through an open window, or it can attach to your clothing until you take it in your home.
Kind of a scary thought, isn’t it? Not to fret if you’re anything like me because I go way the hell out of my way to kill any bug that comes near me. I go to ridiculous extremes to make sure bugs die. I hate them. IF the government has created something like this they’d better make damn sure it’s 100% un-squishable if they want to get any DNA from me to take back to the Mother Ship. Seriously. Oh, and the dude that posted the pic? He’s hot!
That is the end of Randomness. Thank you for your participation!
Now, I have fun news! Today, I did my first metal show on Heavy Metal Hitman. I’ve blogged about them before and last night was asked to host a one hour show in the mornings. Quickest hour of my life! It was great. I know a lot of you aren’t on FB but if you are and you’re into metal, then take a moment to check out our page. I’d really appreciate it. I’ll be on Monday – Friday early, probably starting around 5:30ish. Would love it if you joined me!
Happy Tuesday friends! Hope it’s a great one!