I did it! Made it through an entire No Narcissism weekend. Not bad and actually fun. Must take a moment to thank The Hobbler for the challenge!
But now, back to me! Me! Me! Me!
Not really. I want to talk about dating for a minute. In a word, it’s difficult. I’m pretty sure I don’t find it near as fun as I used to and often wonder (and by often I mean like every minute of every day) if it is really worth all the trouble. I have a friend who is currently enjoying dating tremendously while I, on the other hand, am just ready to settle down. I did all of the things she’s doing now 20 years ago. It’s all out of my system. She’s happy and I’m happy she’s happy, but for me, I need calm. I want peace. I want to know the man I’m dating is THE man.
All of this led me to think about ways to tell if we’re dating the wrong guy. Here is what I came up with:
1. If you are kissing your cat (or dog) more than you are kissing your boyfriend – wrong man.
2. If you’re on a date and you’ve found yourself praying for it to end – wrong man.
3. If you are looking at your current boyfriend and begin to think that your last boyfriend (who picks his ears and examines what comes out, cuts his toenails in bed, and worships Satan) might not have been near as bad as you thought before – you’re with the wrong man.
4. You used to laugh at people who slept in separate beds but now you think it’s not such a bad idea – wrong man!
5. You’ve started arranging “get me out of here” phone calls with your friends – probably with the wrong guy.
6. You skip foreplay just to get the deed done and over with – yea, wrong man!
These are just a few signs. I’m sure there are others.
Dating isn’t fun.
There must be an easier way.